College basketball players are a lot like other non student athletes…They go to parties, hang out on campus and even go to Sorority formals…However, wherever they go, they get treated a little differently. UNC Players Marshall, Harrison Barnes, and John Henson ended up going with three girls from the sorority Chi Omega to a formal. Before the formal, this girl sent a ridiculous email to her sorority listserve warning them about the players showing up…and gave them a laundry list of rules on how to behave…Here’s a snippet. “Please DON’T Ask them if they are going to the NBA – PLEASE TELL YOUR DATES NOT TO ASK THEM THIS EITHER – Boys are just as much jock sniffers as we are jersey chasers. Just play cool…” This email is ridiculous and hilarious…I guess being a basketball player at UNC is equivalent to being a Rock Star…Thanks to Brendan Kaminsky for the scoop. To read the entire email continue reading. -TO
Dear TEAM CHI OMYGOD,
As the rumors have said – I am taking Kendall Marshall, Harrison Barnes, and John Henson with Melissa Hofman and Elizabeth Borden for Formal.
I have told the boys that there is a band and a lot of fun so I expect it to be but I do not want to see celebrity shocked drunkies because they are never fun. To honor each of our guests that are attending, please respect your dates, respect yourselves, and respect Chi Omega’s efforts to pull this off tomorrow night.
Please respect the following list of things that are important to me:
– Please DON’T Take a picture of them with ALCOHOL nearby or in the photo – I will be placing my drinks down when I am photographed next to them. We ALL have brilliant FUTURES so try to nip the Life-Ruining photos in the bud. We are a family, not a tabloid magazine. Just keep in mind that Coach Williams/all Carolina fans worldwide will not be happy if we screw up their reputations and sink Chi O as a sorority.
– Please DON’T Ask them if they are going to the NBA – PLEASE TELL YOUR DATES NOT TO ASK THEM THIS EITHER – Boys are just as much jock sniffers as we are jersey chasers. Just play cool…
– Please don’t leave your dates to ask mine annoying questions, they are human and actually quite young in age – no need to scare them. They will probably take pictures but be kind but I will be posing in all the pictures. I will welcome all high fives.
– PLEASE DO NOT Force drinks on them (they should not be drinking as they are UNDER 21!!!! and FULL OF POTENTIAL!! maybe you are in that category too…passionate and full of potential is way hotter than illegally boozy)
– Don’t stare too hard at them – have fun it’s a party let’s not make them feel too godlike I mean after all they were lucky enough to get asked to this function!
I want these boys to see how awesome Chi O is and thus we will be rising to the top of the cool charts. They are going to “other” formals Saturday and I dont want to hear that Chi O’s were too crazy and the “others” were better. No sir – Chi O will be #1 in their hearts.
Sooo please use your manners, your swagger, and your grace to have an excellent time tomorrow night!
X and a Horseshoe and social media for life!