- When: Monday, January 1 at 1 PM EST
- Where: Camping World Stadium Orlando
- TV: ABC
- Radio: 92.3 FM (Notre Dame) / 98.1 FM (LSU)
- Live Stream: ABC Go
- Citrus Bowl Odds: LSU Tigers -3 (Over/Under at 51.5 points)
- Mostly Cloudy: 15°C/59°F
- Humidity: 77%
- Precipitation: 12%
- Cloud Cover: 68%
- Wind: 11 mph N
- Stadium Type: Open
Recent Head to Head (Last 5 Games)
- Record: Notre Dame leads 3-2
- Score: LSU 27.60 / Notre Dame 23.40
- Rush Yards: LSU 212.80 / Notre Dame 197.60
- Pass Attempts: LSU 24.00 / Notre Dame 24.40
- Completion Percentage: LSU 56.67 / Notre Dame 54.10
- Passing Yards: LSU 193.40 / Notre Dame 160.80
- Total Yards: LSU 406.2 / Notre Dame 358.4
- Turnovers: LSU 2.00 / Notre Dame 1.00
Why consider the Fighting Irish Citrus Bowl Odds?
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish had one of the toughest schedules in all of college football this season, playing no less than 5 ranked teams on their way to a 9-3 record. An indicator of how good this team really was during the regular season can be seen in the fact that they were never once listed as an underdog, which puts them in some unfamiliar territory heading into the Citrus Bowl. The Irish lost a tough one at home to the Georgia Bulldogs, but bounced back and got on a great role after that.
It wasn’t until the final weeks of the season that things started to come undone, as they struggled to be effective on either side of the football, going 1-2 SU and 0-3 ATS in their final 3 games. They may have finally run out of gas after having played so many big games, yet still ended the season going 7-5 ATS. It should be noted, though, that the Irish are 0-7 ATS in their last 7 January games.
- Average Score For: 35.33
- Total Yards: 454.91
- Rush Yards: 279.08
- Passing Yards: 175.83
- Average Score Against: 21.83
- Total Yards: 366.67
- Rush Yards: 153.17
- Passing Yards: 213.50
Why consider the Tigers Citrus Bowl Odds?
The LSU Tigers effectively saw their dream of a conference championship and a potential playoff spot come to an end in early November with a loss to the Alabama Crimson Tide. They could have closed up shop at that point, but instead, finished strong with 3 straight wins, which meant they closed out the regular season having won 6 of their last 7 games. It was certainly a team effort to finish so strong, but a lot of the credit on the offensive side of the football needs to go to RB Derrius Guice, who came up huge in his final 3 games, accumulating 371 yards on the ground and chipped in 5 TDs for good measure.
He is the man that LSU will be leaning on in the Citrus Bowl. The Tigers have gone 7-2 SU in the last 9 bowl games that they have started as a favorite. They are also coming into the Citrus Bowl on a run of 7 straight games where they have covered the spread.
- Average Score For: 28.08
- Total Yards: 412.92
- Rush Yards: 211.42
- Passing Yards: 201.50
- Average Score Against: 18.75
- Total Yards: 311.67
- Rush Yards: 126.42
- Passing Yards: 185.25
Latest Betting Trends for the 2017 Citrus Bowl
- Louisiana State is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- Louisiana State is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Louisiana State’s last 7 games
- Notre Dame is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Notre Dame is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Notre Dame’s last 6 games
Expert Pick and Final Score Prediction
I think the ways these two teams finished the season may well dictate how the Citrus Bowl plays out. I like the LSU Tigers to come up with the win, covering in the process, and I also think the point total will go UNDER.
Score: Notre Dame Fighting Irish 21 LSU Tigers 26